resources for lgbtqia+ people
If you are in need of support today call Connections & CAYAC at 970.221.5551
If you are looking for ways to manage stress and anxiety during this time, check out this page of resources, tips & tricks.
SummitStone Crisis Services – 970.494.4200
Walk-in crisis services (call ahead first) 1217 Riverside Avenue, Fort Collins, CO
Local Crisis Line 970-494-4200 ext. 4 or text TALK to 38255 to receive mental health crisis support
The Trevor Project LGBTQIA+ Support, TrevorLifeline 1-866-488-7386
If you are thinking about suicide and in need of immediate support, please call the TrevorLifeline at 1-866-488-7386 or Text START to 678678 . Find more support at https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/
SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline 1-800-985-5990
SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.
Local Support Services
Northern Colorado Equality
Serving Fort Collins. Northern Colorado Equality seeks to empower the LGBTQIA+ community and our allies through activities, programs, services and education. Honoring, promoting and celebrating our community’s diversity is our central organizing principle.
The Pride Resource Center provides resources and support for all CSU community members to explore and increase their understanding of sexual/romantic orientation, gender, and identity intersection.
* = organization for youth
- *SPLASH Youth of Northern Colorado (Fort Collins, Greeley, Windsor, Loveland, and Estes Park)
- *OASOS Boulder (youth org)
- OUT Boulder (Boulder and Longmont)
- *Rainbow Alley (Denver youth org)
- GLBT Center (Denver)
- Springs Equality (Colorado Springs)
- *Inside/Out Youth Services (Colorado Springs youth org)
- Wyoming Equality (serving all of Wyoming)
- CO Healthcare Resources PDF
- TYES Colorado (Trans Youth Education & Support)
- Gender Identity Center of Colorado
* = organization for youth
- Trevor Project: LGBTQ+ Suicide Text/Chat/Hotline
- GLSEN: Gay/Lesbian/LGBTQ+ Student Education Network
- GLAAD: Creating cultural change for LGBTQ+ youth
- Trans Youth Equality Foundation
- PFLAG: Parents, Family and Friends of LGBTQ+ folks
- Youth.Gov LGBTQ Youth
- Campus Pride: LGBTQ+ College Inclusivity
- GSA Network: find or start your schools GSA
- It Gets Better: LGBTQ+ story sharing to make a difference
- Erase The Hate
- Matthew Shepard Foundation
- InterACT: resources for Intersex youth
- Q Card Project: Advocating for individual LGBTQ+ Healthcare
- HealthyChildren LGBTQ+
- Human Right Campaign (HRC)
- CDC LGBT Youth Health
Articles & Tools
With growing concerns over COVID-19, trans and non-binary organisations have released helpful guidelines for chest binding.
Transvivor is the transgender resource for all, helping trans people go from survivng to thriving. Our mission is to provide professional resources for the transgender community and their allies to foster acceptance, through refined education, exemplary advocacy, and thoughtful listening.